We are currently looking for an Events Coordinator to join the Events team based at Foyles’ Head Office.The successful candidate will work with the Head of Events to help plan, programme, promote & attend in-store events at our flagship bookshop at Charing Cross Road.
- Working with the Head of Events to liaise with publishers to deliver authors events at Charing Cross Road.
- To oversee copy and the production of all promotional and marketing material for events with the communications team.
- Continue to liaise regularly with publishers and external partners to ensure correct and careful management of expectations through every aspect of the planning & promotion of events.
- To secure the rights & ensure the audio or visual recording of an event where applicable. To work with the Head of Events / Head of Marketing to make the images available online or through social media.
- Regularly assess event success and devise and implement new partnerships, ideas and formats in conjunction with the Head of Events.
- Coordinate the ordering of stock at events or liaising with the buying team on specific orders, managing storage & transport and overseeing the returns process.
- Working with the Head of Events to project manage mini-festivals at Charing Cross Road.
- Manage the careful brand promotion of the Foyles events & awareness of representing the company.
- Regularly assess event success and devise and implement new partnerships, ideas and formats.
- Working in conjunction with the Head of Events the spending, budgeting and expenditure on events.
- To coordinate the management of staff at an event & to work with the Head of Events to provide proper training.
External Bookselling Opportunities (on occasion)
- Oversee partner relations, stock, staffing and brand presence at some external bookselling opportunities.
- Coordinate internal staff & communications including, where necessary, specialist buyers; plan & manage staffing of stalls during the event
- Oversee or process oneself event sales in a timely fashion ensuring all sales and monies are accounted for and records of all event sales are kept up to date and correctly reported within Foyles & any external partners
- Coordinate event staffing ensuring all events are suitably covered and where necessary working events where no staff are available.
- Oversee the set up & break down of stalls at external sites
- Liaise with the Head of Events, the Head of Marketing and our PR agency Colman Getty on a cohesive strategy for event promotion.
- Develop key working relationships with the bookshop manager to ensure good communication channels are maintained.
- Ensure that appropriate staff are informed and consulted on relevant marketing and activity and keep store staff informed when necessary.