We are currently looking for enthusiastic and motivated Operations Assistants to join the Operations Team to support the efficient running of the store at Charing Cross Road.
Main responsibilities of the position:
- Confidently manage day to day tasks and take ownership of the Back of House (BoH) functions in branch.
- Work closely with other Operations Assistants to ensure a smoothly run department, be open to change and bring new ideas to the Operations Manager.
- Work closely and successfully with the management team in branch and across the business.
- Be fully flexible across all BoH functions
- Work closely cross-functionally with your colleagues in branch to maximise all commercial opportunities, and ensure excellence in service and standards.
Skills and experience:
- Taking responsibility for your own role in the success of shop
- Looking for and sharing ideas to improve the shop, including quicker, easier and better ways of working; seeking ways to always be involved
- Continuously seeking personal and professional development
- Recognising your responsibility in requesting feedback, development and reviews when needed
- Actively asking for feedback to improve your performance; seeking opportunities to learn from others, and being confident in seeking help and advice when necessary
- Being able to adapt successful ideas and practice to local circumstances.
- Acting as an important resource for others in team and actively offer support and guidance to others; contributing to the growth of the team's knowledge by sharing your own
- Role modelling the high energy and pace expected from the team
- Identifying areas of concern and key strengths in the team
- Identifying and sharing priorities with the team and takes action
- Focussing your and the team’s energy on what really makes a difference to the shop.
- Flexible and adaptable in supporting the needs of the team and the business
- Reacting positively to change
- Being open minded and willing to engage with and try new approaches; actively supporting new ideas
- Taking pride in the whole shop
- Actively supporting the business as a whole by working across different departments as reasonably requested
- Being willing and able to widen your own learning so as to be able to work flexibly across the entire store
- Working flexibly with the team and your manager adapting your style as needed
- Developing and facilitating professional relationships with the wider business team
- Being willing to step up and take additional responsibilities
- Prioritising effectively to reflect the needs of the shop, and taking responsibility for organising your and the team’s time
- Making timely decisions, sometimes with incomplete information or under tight deadlines and pressure.
Experience in fast-paced stock or goods handling/order processing/administrative environments will be an advantage.
Proficiency with computerised stock systems is also desirable.
A full job description is available on request; please email email@example.com
The team will be covering a full 7-day working week, with working hours between 07:00 to 21:00. You will work five 8-hour shifts per week, working days will include weekends and Bank Holidays on a variable roster pattern. These will be temporary six-month contracts in the first instance.
The closing date for applications is end of day Sunday 22nd September 2019, early applicants may be contacted sooner.